Newton Et Cetera Shop has a job opening for a Saturday clothing sorter. Key qualifications: available 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Saturday, good with people, detail-oriented, able to lift heavy items, dependable, values in line with Mennonite Central Committee. Additional hours may become available.
Complete job description:
The sorter/clerk maintains an active presence in the processing area, receiving and sorting donations. He or she will primarily be responsible for sorting through clothing donations, placing items in appropriate price categories and recycling, as needed. The individual in this role may be asked to fill other roles, such as clerking when volunteers are not available.
1. Must be physically able to lift large bags, boxes and objects
2. Must have knowledge of (or ability to learn) Et Cetera’s sorting and pricing system
3. Must have ability to handle money and operate cash register
4. Must have a friendly and helpful attitude with donors, customers, volunteers and management
5. Must be punctual and dependable, able to follow management’s instruction
6. Must be willing to support Et Cetera Shop’s mission and principles of operation
7. Candidates with fashion awareness or aptitude for assuming management responsibilities will be given greater consideration.
8. Candidates with Spanish language translation abilities will be given greater consideration.
1. Bring inside any donations left at back door.
2. Respond to back door bell, assisting donors needing special help.
3. Keep clothing receiving and sorting area organized, neat, and clean.
4. Give attention to detail and follow all clothing sorting guidelines carefully.
5. Operate cash register and assist customers as needed, or when volunteers are not available.
6. Communicate the store’s information and mission to donors and customers when asked.
7. Help other staff keep break-room clean and attractive for volunteers.
8. Report to the General Manager during the week and the Assistant Manager on Saturdays.
9. Perform other tasks as requested by management.
This position is paid by hourly wage and does not include benefits such as sick leave or holiday pay. Benefits are available (prorated) for Et Cetera Shop employees working 20 hours or more.
To apply, complete the application below and return to Et Cetera Shop, 619 N. Main Street, Newton KS.