Newton Et Cetera Shop is a non-profit thrift shop with a mission to provide quality, affordable, recycled merchandise to the community; encourage volunteerism, stewardship and recycling; and benefit the work of Mennonite Central Committee (MCC). Since our opening in 1976, Newton Et Cetera Shop has donated over $3,000,000 to MCC.
In 2012, Et Cetera also began setting aside approximately ten percent of its proceeds for local community giving. Each Spring since, we have invited qualified organizations to apply for a grant from our Local Giving Fund. Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- hold legal non-profit status
- operate out of and serve at least one of the following local communities: Newton, Hesston, Goessel, Moundridge, Whitewater, Elbing, Halstead, Walton
- operate in a manner consistent with MCC, guided by purposes consistent with MCC’s (need not have religious affiliation or mission)
- MCC Priorities: disaster relief, sustainable community development and justice and peacebuilding
- MCC Approach: addressing poverty, oppression and injustice—and their systemic causes; accompanying partners in a process of mutual transformation, accountability and capacity building; building bridges to connect people and ideas across cultural, political and economic divides; and caring for creation
- MCC Values: peace and justice–seeking to live and serve nonviolently; seeking to live and serve justly and peacefully in each relationship, incorporating listening and learning, accountability and mutuality, transparency and integrity
- For a more detailed description of MCC’s core values, principles and practices, visit http://www.mcc.org/learn/about/mission
- able to provide promotional information featuring your organization if requested
For information about applying contact email@example.com.